Problem of Sleep Disorder

• Problem of Sleep Disorder

Posted by Vijay Taragi on June 10, 2020 at 20:26

Dear Naveen ji, I am Vijay Taragi resident of Nainital, having problem of sleep disorder, I have been to numerous doctors for getting myself cured but to no avail, they prescribed various medicine,s which didn’t help, then I came across your well written book, and after doing the practices as prescribed in the book my sleep improved a little, but still I don’t feel fresh after waking up, and am sleep deprived and depressed. Sir it appears to be a small problem to others but only a sleep deprived person know,s what he,s going through. The bliss you often describe in your book is not known to me. Do help me for which I shall always be obliged and great full. Regards Vijay Taragi Nainital.

Deleted User replied 2 years, 11 months ago 3 Members · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies
  • Deleted User

June 11, 2020 at 20:05

Dear Vijay,

Just a few queries,

1. Are you using cotton as per the process cotton mentioned in the book?

2. have you started practising NV Swimming? Are you able to reach yog nidra while practising NV Swimming?

• Yukti Varshney

June 11, 2020 at 22:47

Dear Vandana,

Vijay had sent his email to support team:

Although I am using cotton as prescribed, and even after practicing NV have not been able to achieve Yog nindra, please advice.

• Deleted User

June 12, 2020 at 05:52

Dear Vijay ji,

Sometimes we make yog nidra a goal/ambition which makes the mind active and makes it more difficult for us to achieve YN. When your mind is too active, you would have many thoughts and that would make observation of breath a difficult task. Observation of breath sounds like an easy task but it takes some practice and dedication.

So take the process of observation of breath as a gentle process. First few days use cotton and just be with your breath. As you get mastery over your breath, then practice NV Swimming with a curiosity and not a goal to achieve YN. Just lie down do each step slowly and you will arrive at YN. Yog Nidra is not something you achieve, you arrive at the same. As the bliss of YN will increase, the sleep will get restored.

If your insomnia is chronic, I would also suggest you check the online program Chetna-Digital and consider it. In the last batch, many an insomnia patients have been able to work on them selves and restore their sleep. Sometimes, the distress is to the extent that one is not able to work alone and it requires hand holding and guidance. It is similar to the concept of self study; or taking tuition and learning under the guidance of a teacher. Thus, try working on self, yet if you find it difficult don’t be hesitant of seeking help.